Rehabilitation Services in Central Texas
Did you recently have a hip or knee replacement surgery and now is it time for physical therapy? Cornerstone Gardens has specialists who offer the very best care in different rehabilitation services. Our team of therapists sets goals to achieve results that are unmatched. All of our residents will have programs that are personalized to their own goals.
Services we offer include:
The physical therapy services at Cornerstone Gardens are tailored to meet the unique needs of each resident, aiding in the restoration of physical strength and conditioning. This encompasses alleviating pain and enhancing mobility. Our focus is on personalized treatment programs that evolve with your progress, helping you the regain physical strength and prevent future injuries.
Our physical therapy treatments include:
- Increased strength and mobility of the body
- Pain management
- Increased balance, coordination, and ability to walk following a fracture
- Skeletal and postural alignment
- Range of motion exercises
- Hip and Knee replacement
- Wheelchair education
- Home exercise programs
- Education on proper body mechanics to reduce future injuries
At Cornerstone Gardens, our occupational therapist will work with you to enhance your abilities in daily living and work-related activities that may be compromised. Specializing in personalized activities, our occupational therapist will assist you in adapting as you progress toward achieving your goals.
Our occupational therapy treatments include:
- Seating and positioning
- Increased mobility
- Functional self-care skills (bathing, toileting, dressing, eating)
- Home exercise programs
- Strength and balance training
- Range of motion
- Adaptive equipment training
The speech therapists at Cornerstone Gardens have developed a program to help you regain your function in swallowing, language, and cognitive communication. Our skilled team treats individuals affected by conditions such as brain injury, dementia, stroke, and other neurological disorders. Our therapists also create customized treatments for residents dealing with respiratory illnesses, hearing impairments, and various medical conditions.
Our speech therapy treatments include:
- Improving speech
- Improving chewing and swallowing ability
- Deep pharyngeal neurological stimulating (DPNS) therapy
- Executive functioning
- Oral motor skills
- Improving cognitive skills
- Family/caregiver education